Право, иконимика, дипломи, реферати, теми, лекции, съвети, кредити, депозити, банки
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

. Bergeron scored a pair of goals -- including a key short-handed tally

Posted by winnie 
. Bergeron scored a pair of goals -- including a key short-handed tally
January 14, 2014 08:25AM
EDMONTON - Devan Dubnyk is doing everything he can to remain the Edmonton Oilers starting goaltender.Dubnyk made 31 saves and the Oilers beat the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 on Tuesday.Edmonton has two wins in three straight games with Dubnyk in goal.Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and Eric Belanger scored for the Oilers (19-26-5), who prior to the last three games had lost eight of the nine.Dubnyk, who has served as the backup to Nikolai Khabibulin for the bulk of the season, has been forced to make a total of 118 saves during his three-game run.“Its been nice to get the opportunity to keep going and roll with it,” he said. “I have felt good throughout the year but there were some small things that I needed to work on to get to this point. I certainly cant take it for granted. I have to keep my nose down and realize what is allowing me to do this to keep doing it.”Dubnyk kept the Oilers in the contest after they slowed down dramatically from a good start to the contest.Peter Mueller and Gabriel Landeskog responded for the Avalanche (26-24-2), who have lost three in a row and have fallen out of a playoff position.Colorado coach Joe Sacco said his team cant afford to keep giving up points at this time of the year.“There wasnt enough (desperation),” he said. “This is playoff hockey for us right now and we need to have more urgency right from the start. You have to be ready to start on time in this league. This is a no-excuse business.”Edmonton came close to starting the scoring three minutes in when Ben Eager sprung Anton Lander on a breakaway. Lander had Colorado starter Semyon Varlamov beat with a backhand that hit the post and rattled out of harms way.Two minutes later it was a 1-0 game for the Oilers when Eberle swung around from behind the net and used his second whack to stuff the puck between the post and Varlamovs skate. AHL call-up Philippe Cornet earned an assist on the goal in just the second shift of his NHL debut.Edmonton kept the pressure coming with five minutes left in the opening frame when Ales Hemsky had the Colorado netminder beat but hit the teams second post of the night.The Oilers made it 2-0 on the power play with just over two minutes remaining in the first when Belanger blasted home just his second of the season from the top of the circle.Colorado had its best chance to that point seconds later when Chuck Kobasew almost had a short-handed break on the second half of a double-minor penalty, but Dubnyk hustled out of the net to poke-check the puck away.The Avalanche made it a 2-1 game just over a minute into the second period when Kobasew through the puck through the crease and Mueller was able to whack in his fourth of the year.Two minutes later it was Edmontons turn to be saved by a post when Ryan OByrne unleashed a point shot that had Dubnyk beat but rattled soundly off the cage.The Oilers regained their two-goal advantage six minutes into the third when Varlamov allowed a big rebound on a Hemsky shot and Hall was there to shovel in his 17th of the season.“It was nice to get that one and hold on in the end. Nice to get the win,” Hall said.Colorado cut the lead to 3-2 midway through the third when Dubnyk was able to make a stop on a Milan Hejduk backhander but couldnt get back in position to stop Landeskog, who was left pretty much alone in front of the net, from lifting in the rebound.Dubnyk came up with a huge glove save to rob Ryan OReilly at the side of the net with two minutes to play to preserve the win.Both teams return to the ice on Thursday when the Oilers play host to the Chicago Blackhawks and the Avalanche return to Colorado to start a four-game homestand against Minnesota.Notes: It was the fourth meeting of the season between the two teams. Edmonton won two of the first three. a The Oilers have had a strong record of late at home against the Avs, taking points in 12 of the last 13 games with an 8-1-4 record. a Colorado is tied for the most games played this season with Carolina. a Edmonton has had more than its fair share of injures this season but the players are starting to return to the lineup. Forward Ben Eager was the latest to return on Tuesday, one game after veteran defenceman Ryan Whitney rejoined the team. Rookie phenom Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and defencemen Tom Gilbert and Cam Barker have all resumed skating and could be back within a week. a Jordan Eberles goal was his 19th of the season. He had 18 in his rookie season last year. a Colorados Matt Duchene (knee) is still reportedly several weeks away from returning to the lineup and remains out indefinitely. Luke Willson Super Bowl Jersey . It is the second straight game Rondo has missed with the injury, which happened when he fell hard while being fouled in the third quarter of Wednesday nights 96-73 win over Toronto that snapped a five-game losing streak. Shaun Alexander Super Bowl Jersey . Bergeron scored a pair of goals -- including a key short-handed tally -- and Thomas made 37 saves for his fourth shutout of these playoffs, as the Bruins handled the Canucks, 4-0, in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. http://www.seattleseahawkssuperbowljersey.com/Super-Bowl-Michael-Bennett-Jersey/ . No. 166-ranked Kingston leads Northern Irelands Gareth Maybin and Danish Ryder Cup player Thomas Bjorn by one shot after making nine birdies -- including six on the back nine -- and just one bogey at the Oceanico Victoria Golf Course. Richard Sherman Super Bowl Jersey . The team announced the moves Wednesday before the start of the third game of a four-game series against the Indians. Blevins joins the Athletics for the sixth time this season. Christine Michael Super Bowl Jersey . Gabons hero from the group stage, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, missed his teams fourth spot kick to allow Seydou Keita to score the decisive penalty and send Mali through. NEWARK, N.J. -- Cory Schneider cant beat his former team. And the New Jersey Devils are having trouble beating any team. Mike Santorelli scored the only goal in the shootout, and the Vancouver Canucks edged the Devils 3-2 on Thursday night. In a matchup of former teammates, Roberto Luongo got the best of Schneider -- who used to be his backup in Vancouver. Luongo turned aside Travis Zajac, Adam Henrique and Patrik Elias in the tiebreaker to make Santorellis goal stand up. It was New Jerseys second loss to Vancouver this season, and Schneider, acquired in a draft-day trade over the summer, played in both of them. The Devils are just 1-5-4 overall, and the only things keeping them out of last place in the newly formed Metropolitan Division are the similar slow starts by the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers. "Not a very good one by me," Schneider said. "Just two real bad goals that cost a point. We shouldve never went to a shootout. No disrespect to Vancouver, I thought I kind of gave them two goals there. (Luongo) made some big saves in the third, they hung around and won the shootout. "So, its my fault we lost the point tonight." The Devils took a 1-0 lead just 5:05 into the game when Andrei Loktionov found Elias for a shot from the left circle that resulted in his third goal. Elias had missed the previous two games because of illness. Ryan Kesler tied it at 6:07 with his fifth goal as the Canucks won for the second time in three nights. New Jersey went back in front with a power-play tally 3:34 later on Eric Gelinas first NHL goal. Gelinas was called up from Albany of the AHL on Wednesday. Vancouver tied it at 2 with 7:23 left in the second when Daniel Sedin netted his fourth of the season. Sedin fired a slap shot off a dump-iin that found its way under Schneiders right pad.dddddddddddd Luongo made 28 saves before the shootout. Schneider stopped 19. "I thought we were the better team, obviously for 65 minutes," Elias said. "Unfortunately, you know how we end up after overtime. I think we should put a little more into overtime, but we had plenty of chances to end the hockey game." Vancouver coach John Tortorella -- back in the New York metropolitan area this week after being fired by the Rangers this summer -- was victorious in his return to the Prudential Center, where he and New York lost the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals in Game 6 to New Jersey. The Devils, a year removed from missing the playoffs, are now 0-5 vs. the Western Conference. "We played great, we deserved to win. Those guys worked their butts off and played mistake-free hockey," Schneider said. "I made two mistakes and they both end up in the back of the net. Its unacceptable on my part. So, I know Im better than that, I have to be better than that, and if I play like that again, then, Ill be better (next time). It starts with everyone pulling their weight, and tonight, I was probably the one guy who didnt carry his load. "It cost the team a point." ---- NOTES: Canucks centre Henrik Sedin, who had two assists, played in his 641st consecutive game since March 21, 2004, the sixth longest streak in NHL history. St. Louis Blues D Jay Bouwmeester is the only active NHL player to appear in more games, dressing for 642. ... Elias goal was his 11th against Luongo in 20 games. ... Devils D Bryce Salvador missed his second game and was designated as a non-roster player due to a death in the family. ... Gelinas played in his second NHL game. He made his debut last season on April 25 against Pittsburgh. ' ' '
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login