Право, иконимика, дипломи, реферати, теми, лекции, съвети, кредити, депозити, банки
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

-- Another championship banner has been unfurled at Rupp Arena.

Posted by winnie 
-- Another championship banner has been unfurled at Rupp Arena.
January 14, 2014 08:32AM
BELGRADE, Serbia -- Canada limped out of the 2013 Davis Cup semifinal with three losses to Serbia, and two bruised bodies. The Canadian teams Davis Cup run came to an end Sunday as Janko Tipsarevic beat Vasek Pospisil 7-6 (3), 6-2, 7-6 (6), giving Serbia the 3-2 win in the best-of-five tie. Pospisil was injured on the final point when he dove to hit a volley that was returned for the final point. "I went for a volley and rolled my ankle and hear some pops which obviously isnt good but that was it," said Pospisil who was helped into the post-match press conference by Canadian staff members. "My ankles swollen right now. Hopefully its nothing too serious. "The fact that I was able to walk out of there was probably a good thing." Tipsarevic took a commanding 5-1 lead in the decisive tiebreak but had trouble closing out the game until match point when he desperately dove for Pospisils shot. The euphoria for the hosts started when the ball just barely made it over the net and past a helpless Pospisil. Had he won the point and the match continued, Pospisil insists he would have played through the pain as best as possible. Canadas run to the semifinals featured upset wins over Spain and Italy and with the 23-year old Pospisil, 22-year old Milos Raonic, and doubles maestro Daniel Nestor who insists he still has a few years left despite being 41-years old, there is the core of a strong Davis Cup team for years to come. "Hopefully theyll have to deal with us a lot in the future," Pospisil said. "Were a pretty young team so thats obviously good for us. We have Milos whos 11 in the world and Im around 40 so thats good for us. "We have a lot of depth in the team and a bunch of other guys that are really good. Well see what we can do in the future." As it was in the tiebreak, so it was earlier in the final set when Tipsarevic had difficulty closing out the plucky Canadian. Tipsarevic broke Pospisil in the fourth game of the third set but faltered while serving for the match and allowed Pospisil to tie the set 5-5, giving the Canadian a glimmer of hope. Pospisil needed treatment at 2-2 in the first set for an apparent right elbow injury. He insisted it was only a mild discomfort that lasted for about 10 minutes. It was the third match of the weekend for Pospisil after he opened the tie losing to Novak Djokovic on Friday before being part of the doubles team that won on Saturday. Tipsarevic effectively kept Pospisil on the run in a number of long, baseline rallies. Serbia is back in the final for the first time since winning the tournament in 2010. Earlier, world No. 1 Novak Djokovic forced the decider when he took down No. 11 Milos Raonic 7-6 (1), 6-2, 6-2 in the first match of the day at Kombank Arena. Raonic, of Thornhill, Ont., came in with a slight ankle injury of his own that he picked up in his win over Tipsarevic on Friday. "I didnt feel limited. I just felt like I was dealing with discomfort," said Raonic in his post-match press conference. "It was getting worse and worse, little by little and I was sort of trying to put it all out there and fight through that situation as much as I could and try to pretty much nullify it in my mind and get through as much as I can." Djokovic finished the two hour, eight minute long match with some sublime shot-making in the third set. Djokovic flourished on the clay court, a surface on which Raonic has had his struggles. It was a close first set that took just over an hour with the players trading breaks in the fifth and sixth games before Djokovic took control early in the tiebreaker. "I think I made one mistake on that tiebreak to make it 5-0. So I didnt really make too many terrible errors," said Raonic. "I wish I could have not kept falling behind first. I did get break him twice but it was always when I was behind." The second was much more comfortable with Raonic getting broken in the fourth and sixth games. The small bastion of Canadian support had been loud all weekend but Djokovic used the home crowd to his advantage when Raonic had a chance to break in the fourth game of the second set. Djokovic fought off double break point and when he got back to deuce, he threw his hands into the air, imploring his compatriots to make themselves heard. They were more than happy to help, and when Djokovic won the game, he reacted with a big fist pump. The top eight teams get an automatic berth in the 2014 Davis Cup world group. Canada finds out who they play in Januarys first round on Wednesday. Lavelle Hawkins Super Bowl Jersey . Cam Janssen and Chris Porter scored for the first time this season, helping St. Irving Fryar Super Bowl Jersey . -- Another championship banner has been unfurled at Rupp Arena. http://www.newenglandpatriotssuperbowljersey.com/Super-Bowl-Steve-Gregory-Jersey/ .E.I. Rocket 7-0 in the lone game in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Luca Ciampini added a goal and two assists for Halifax (43-6-3), while Konrad Abeltshauser and Stephen MacAulay each chipped in with a goal and an assist. Kyle Arrington Super Bowl Jersey . -- Thierry Henry scored for New York in the fourth minute, Landon Donovan countered for Los Angeles in the 41st and the Red Bulls and Galaxy tied 1-1 on Saturday night. Devin McCourty Super Bowl Jersey . Barcelona has the daunting task of overturning its 4-0 loss at Bayern Munich in their second-leg semifinal Wednesday while on Tuesday, Madrid faces the slightly less formidable challenge of coming back from its 4-1 defeat at Borussia Dortmund.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Bobby Ryan took the long skate back to the bench after his penalty led to a power-play goal against the Anaheim Ducks. Scoring the tying goal en route to the Ducks 4-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues on Sunday night made the bad feelings disappear quickly. Ryan was serving a tripping penalty for upending Roman Polak in the third period when Patrik Berglund scored 24 seconds into the power play to give the Blues the lead. But Ryan responded 1:30 later to tie it, and Corey Perry scored twice to extend Anaheims home-winning streak to 11 games -- tying a franchise record. "When youre sitting over there and youre helpless and you cant really do anything about it, then you have that long skate across the ice when they score, its the worst feeling in hockey," Ryan said. "I think the entire bench thought it was probably one of the worst calls thats happened to us this year. I took it personally and I felt I needed to redeem myself. "Its nice how things went after that." Ryan got the equalizer when he jumped on a loose puck in front and whipped his eighth goal of the season past Jaroslav Halak. Francois Beauchemin earned one of his three assists on the goal, taking a long slap shot that bounced off Ducks captain Ryan Getzlafs backside. "It was the best pass I made all night, I think," Getzlaf said. Ryan did his best impersonation of Alex Ovechkin after the goal, skating past the net and leaping against the glass in jubilation while the sellout crowd went wild. "There was a lot of emotion there," said Ryan, who tied a career best with a seven-game point streak. "I think the penalty fueled that a little bit. I was really fired up and had a lot of energy." Perry scored the go-ahead goal with 14:40 left before adding an empty-netter in the final minute, and Jonas Hiller made 14 of his 29 saves in the second period. Andrew Cogliano had a short-handed goal, helping the Ducks improve the NHLs second-best record to 18-3-3. Anaheim, 15-2-2 in its last 19 games, hasnt lost at home since the opener against Vancouver. "Were going out every night and playing the same type of hockey, whether were on the road or at home," Getzlaf said. "Were just trying to stay consistent throughout the whole season." Polak was off for tripping Saku Koivu when Perry parked himself at the right of the crease, and Getzlafs screened wrist shot from the top of the right circle glanced off him and past Halak for a 3-2 lead -- his fiffth game-winner this season.dddddddddddd "It feels good," Perry said. "Everybody here knows whats going on and the role theyre supposed to be playing, and everyone is adapting to it. Were staying positive when we get down in games, whether its early -- or like tonight, in the third period. "We find a way to win." In a game featuring teams that came in with the NHLs top two power-play units, the league-leading Ducks were 1 for 7. St. Louis was 1 for 3 and surrendered a short-handed goal for the fourth time this season. Shortly after coming up empty on a two-man advantage, the Ducks tied it 1-1 at 8:24 of the second period with a power-play goal. "Thats a tired team," Ryan said. "At times we were five feet away, and at other times we were in the right spot but just couldnt really get a hold of anything. But if you continue to stick to it, itll eventually come around." Coming off consecutive shutout wins for the fifth time in franchise history, the Ducks fell behind 1-0 at 6:09 of the first when Reaves redirected Wade Reddens wrist shot from the left point past Hillers stick for his first of the season. Reddens assist was the fourth point in 15 games for the two-time All-Star defenceman. "When we get a 2-1 lead in the third, we expect to win. And when we dont, these are the ones we shake our head at," Blues captain David Backes said. "I dont think fatigue or playing yesterday is an excuse. I think if anything, we were more ready for this game than usual. "We got a one-goal lead in the third on a power play. Those are the times when you buckle down, and you cant take your foot off the gas." NOTES: The Ducks have never posted three straight shutouts in the regular season, but did it in the 2006 playoffs. ... Anaheim had an 11-game home winning streak in the 2009-10 season. ... Free agent C Jason Arnott, who has been skating with the Blues this week, will find out Monday whether he will be signed. Arnott last played in the NHL on April 30 with the Blues in the second game of the Western Conference semifinals. ... The Blues are 3 for 29 on the power play in their last 11 games. ... The Ducks are 8-0 against Central Division teams. ... Anaheim C Nick Bonino was dressed for the game, but didnt play because of the flu. RW Kyle Palmieri missed his fourth straight game because of an upper body injury. ... Blues LW Andy McDonald missed his seventh game because of an injured left knee. He sat out 51 games last season due to a concussion. ' ' '
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login